Hard work pays off. After four years of studying, a few too many late nights, and maybe a little crying, you finally have that diploma that says you’re done with school forever. Congratulations, welcome to adulthood!
As you take on your bright future, you may be looking at your current vehicle wondering if it is reliable enough to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
A 2016 CarGurus study found that nearly 55% of college students and recent graduates are expecting to purchase a vehicle within the next year.
Recent graduates listen up–– we’re telling you what you need to know about buying new and used cars for sale right here in Billings. This is one lecture you won’t want to sleep through.
College Grad Financing Incentives on New Nissans: Buying Nissans in Billings
You just paid a lot of money for that college degree, is buying new Nissans in Billings really a good idea? Yes!
Buying new cars for sale in Billings isn’t the right choice for everyone, but Nissan is making it easier for recent college grads to get maximum savings on new Nissan vehicles through their Nissan College Grad program.
If you’ve graduated in the past two years or have confirmation of upcoming graduation within the next six months, you can qualify for major discounts on a brand new Nissan. This program typically saves recent grads anywhere between $500 and $1,000, and is also eligible to be combined with other offers!
Condition Matters for Used Cars for Sale in Billings
Buying used is typically the more affordable option for college grads. However, used car shoppers should be ready to do their research.
You want a car that will be able to keep up with you through the moving, traveling, and work commutes, so it is recommended that used car shoppers buy a vehicle that is no more than six years old.
Recent college graduates can sometimes be perceived as uninformed when it comes to making major purchases. Put those college research skills to work and ask the right questions in your search for Billings used cars.
Ask about past vehicle repairs and if the used vehicle you’re look at has ever had any outstanding issues. The last thing you want to do is take home a vehicle with worn-down brakes or a failing transmission.
The “Lease vs. Buy” Question on Cars for Sale in Billings
If you have your eyes set on a new car, you may be wondering if it is best to lease or buy.
Leasing a new Nissan is a nice option for recent college grads who know their future plans. If you’re confident that you will be living in the same place for two to three years, and don’t anticipate doing any major traveling in that time, leasing may be right for you.
When you lease, you get to drive a nice new car for a few years, and if anything goes wrong unexpectedly, the dealership covers the cost.
The downside to leasing is that at the end of the lease, you own nothing, which is why many new graduates are choosing to buy their next new vehicle.
Buying your next vehicle allows you to travel as much as you want, without the mileage limitations that come with leasing. Buying your vehicle also give you the ability to own your vehicle after you’ve paid off whatever you finance. For some people, this means that they own the car they drive for nearly a decade!
Best New Cars for Sale in Billings for Recent College Grads
There are a lot of new cars for sale in Billings available, but which ones are best for recent college graduates?
Instead of buying the same car their parents had, millennials are making their own decisions and finding Nissan vehicles have what they want.
- Outstanding gas mileage: 27 mpg city/38 mpg highway.
- Stylish design: sleek lines and impressive attention to detail
- Advanced technology and safety features: AndroidAuto™ and Apple CarPlay™ allow you to access music, maps, and send and receive messages. Safety features include intelligent cruise control, blind spot warning, and rear cross traffic alert.
- America’s best selling SUV
- Best in class cargo room: Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System offers an adjustable set of shelves and dividers that give you a variety of configurations to fit all your items.
- One touch everything: Access music, maps, contacts, and your phone at the touch of a button on the Rogue’s 7-inch touch screen.
- Around View® monitor: four cameras give you a virtual, composite 360 bird’s-eye view of your SUV.
- America’s best truck warranty: 5 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty.
- Extreme Power: 390 horsepower and can tow up to 9,400 pounds.
- Top Truck Technology: NissanConnect® services give you access to music, social media, navigation, and SiriusXM® Radio. The Titan also comes with around view monitors, blind spot warning, and parking sonar system.
At Billings Nissan, we love our college graduates.
If you’re a recent college graduate and have questions about the car-buying process, feel free to message us. We’d love to help you find the right car to accompany you in this next chapter of your life!